Re: Payments request cryptocurrencies support

> On Sep 18, 2017, at 9:51 AM, Ярослав Панасенко <yar.panasenko@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I just went throw Payment Request API documentation and I have some questions about it.

Hi Ярослав, thank you for reaching out.

> Are you planning to add different cryptocurrencies, for example, Bitcoin as Standardized Payment Method?

Right now there are no plans for W3C to publish a cryptocurrency payment method.

> Cryptocurrencies don’t have any central website or something like this, so we can’t use URL-based payment method identifier for it.

You could use one or more URL-based payment method identifiers. I am interested in the discussion of whether that is socially
workable. Is there an organization that the bitcoin community, for example, could accept as hosting the URL?

> How will Payment Request  API will handle situation when merchant want to provide different price for each payment method?

It is possible to use the PaymentDetailsModifier [1] with different payment method identifiers.

[1] https://w3c.github.io/payment-request/#paymentdetailsmodifier-dictionary

> Thank you for your time.

I look forward to hearing whether I have answered (at least some of) your questions.

Ian

--
Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs/