RE: alternate domain relationships proposal

Assuming Lorrie's reading of "it" overcomes Giles' point, I see this
answering a number of problems, but leaving a number of folks with
pre-existing arcitechtures out in the cold.  I am speaking specifically
 of ad servers like ourselves and content delivery networks.

If a CDN has hierarchically structured their tag from left to right and
 can dynamically generate P3P: policyref  headers than all things are
 perfect, but practically speaking a CDN may host images as follows:

http://highavailability.net/1000001.gif should be covered by clientA
http://highavailability.net/1000002.gif should be covered by clientX
http://highavailability.net/1000003.gif should be covered by clientY
http://highavailability.net/1000004.gif should be covered by clientA

This presents a world more difficulty than had the set up been:

http://highavailability.net/a/1000001.gif should be covered by clientA
http://highavailability.net/x/1000002.gif should be covered by clientX
http://highavailability.net/y/1000003.gif should be covered by clientY
http://highavailability.net/a/1000004.gif should be covered by clientA

But in practice the former is quite common.  Adding to this the list is
 HUGE and highly dynamic.

In the ad serving world there is also the complication that a single
 URL and cookie replay would need to refer to multiple our hosts.
 Because the data collected by discreet tag may in fact belong to the
 advertiser and the publisher.

Another difficulty here is the CP OHO mechanism.  If CPs are only
 issued on cookie set, the vast majority of replays will likely be to
 hosts specifying other policies thru the dynamic P3P: policyref
 mechanism, with other policies - which essentially defeats the use of
 CPs???  Am I missing something here?

-Brooks