Re: Art 10: Issue 3 - cookies

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 04:23:20PM -0500, Lorrie Cranor wrote:
> User agents that evaluate cookie policies SHOULD perform this
> evaluation before setting a cookie so that the cookie can be discarded
> without being set if that is what is dictated by the user's
> preferences.

Sounds better than just say evaluation, as we have also psychology
involved here ;). I would not talk about store or erase, rather about
giving effect. As you said: for analysis, one might want to store the
cookie in another place. But the cookie is not doing anything anymore.
How could one express that in english?

Rigo