Re: [Agent/Domain] same-entity domain relationship proposal comments

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 10:52:23AM -0500, Humphrey, Jack wrote:
> > There were some questions about the goals of this proposal. People
> > thought it was useful for companies to be able to declare that all of
> > their multiple domains are owned by a single company and comply with
> > the same policy, but there was less interest in being able to declare
> > that companies belong to an ad network. The reason browsers are
> > treating these as third party cookies is that is how consumers seem to
> > want to see them treated.
>
> I see this point. This proposal actually only addresses declaring that
> multiple domains belong to the same company. It does not attempt to address
> the agent/ad network type of relationships. I will make that clear in my
> upcoming proposed specification changes.

One of the reasons we came up with thoughts about agent/domain
relationsships was the ability to express contractual relationsships
between entities and to ease the task of integrating content from
different parties. As far as I can see, there is only a proposal about
the same entity, but no proposal for services acting as agents e.g.

Jack, could you please explore and report back on the call of 1 oct.?

Thanks
--
Rigo Wenning            W3C/ERCIM
Policy Analyst          Privacy Activity Lead