Re: [BH] The most generic binding

You introduce a <privacy /> element that carries the URI to a PRF

Instead of linking to a PRF and from the PRF back to the instance, you
could directly reference the policy:
so the example in "The Scope of Layers and Bindings (HTTP and SOAP)"[1]
would change to something with direct connection to a policy. That would
allow to have a policy per element as domain-info might have a different
impact than <PersonalInfo> (but hasn't here as we have whois)

So I give you the example of how powerful this could be. As it is
generic to XML, it could be also used in RDF.
================rigo-example==============================
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<env:Envelope xmlns='http://registry.example.com/2003/ns1'
xmlns:env='http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope'>
 <env:Body>
  <OrderInfo>
   <Privacy xmlns='http://www.w3.org/P3P/2003/p3p-beyond-http/'
		rel='PolP3Pv1.1' href='http://registrar.example.com/P3P/policy-register.xml'>
   <PersonalInfo rel='PolP3Pv1.1' href='http://registrar.example.com/P3P/policy-register.xml'>
    <Name>
     <First>Joseph</First>
     <Middle>M.</Middle>
     <Last>Reagle Jr.</Last>
    </Name>
    <Address>
     <Street>200 Tecnology Square</Street>
     <City>Cambridge</City>
     <State>MA</State>
     <Zip>02139</Zip>
    </Address>
   </PersonalInfo>
   <DomainInfo PersonalInfo rel='PolP3Pv1.1' href='http://registrar.example.com/P3P/policy-register2.xml'>
    <TLD>com</TLD>
    <DomainName>reagle.example</DomainName>
   </DomainInfo>
  </OrderInfo>
 </env:Body>
</env:Envelope>

  1. http://www.w3.org/P3P/2003/p3p-beyond-http/Overview.html
--
Rigo Wenning            W3C/ERCIM
Policy Analyst          Privacy Activity Lead