Re: P3P Data Schema as XML Schema

On Wednesday 23 April 2003 09:00, Giles Hogben wrote:
> Here are notes and files I promised on XML Schema for BSD. Rigo, perhaps
> you could post the files on a server somewhere as promised. The XSLT
> works with msxml but can easily be adapted for others (see notes below).

Hi Giles, good stuff! Some comments below:

> bsd.xsd is the (formatted) result of a transformation on the P3P1.0 BSD

I presume I should be able to run this against a P3P instance? But one of
the annoyances of Schema is not being able to clearly distinguish the root
element, and in this case I don't think there is any? So which subset of a
P3P XML instance is this schema file supposed to validate against? (Not
against the root POLICIES ... ENTITY? DATA-GROUP?)

Why is there a seven after the schema element?
  <schema targetNamespace="http://www.w3.org/2002/01/P3Pv1">7

> bsdtransform.xsl is the xslt

> This informal specification is formally specified

<smile/>

> 4. You can use the stylesheet with other xsl processors but you need to
> change the node-set extension.

That's on line 44 now, the documentation says 42.

Might include the following URI so folks can read about it:
  http://saxon.sourceforge.net/saxon6.5.2/extensions.html#nodeset

"xx" is an unbound prefix. Why not include:
  xmlns:xx="http://exslt.org/common"
in your xslt. Even if it's not used, it won't hurt anything would it?
(Found that namespace in:
  http://www.exslt.org/exsl/index.html
)

I haven't been able to confirm the transform yet. I'm not a big fan of java
-- never got saxon to run -- I don't think sablotron
supports that function and xsltproc gives me odd results:

> xsltproc bsdtransforms.xsl bsd.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<schema xmlns:xx="http://exslt.org/common"
targetNamespace="http://www.w3.org/2002/01/P3Pv1">7<simpleType
name="allCategories"><restriction base="xs:string">
                                                @br/~<enumeration
value="uniqueid">
                                                @br/~</enumeration>
                                                @br/~<enumeration