Re: status of xsd:duration in OWL (and RIF and SPARQL) - ACTION-164: RDF WG

On 3 May 2012, at 17:05, Evain, Jean-Pierre wrote:

> Actually, I. am not that cool either.
>
> dateTime is an incredible source of error by nature in particular if you want to express either tim or a date only. This is true in xml and now equally pollutes rdf and owl.

This has been a (severe) concrete problem in ontologies developed at the University of Manchester. It's worth revisiting.

If this family of datatypes are going to be considered at the RDF level, then we should, by all means, synch up requirements and, well, actual specs.

I happily volunteer to work on this from the OWL side (if there's concern about labor).