RE: Report on current test case coverage

Hi all, Markus!

I have started to work on a test suite specifically targeted to the RDF-based semantics.

The focus of the test suite will be on systematic coverage of the normative aspects of the language, in order to detect obvious omissions or wrong behavior of reasoners. The suite will /not/ try to heavily stress reasoners and awarding "extra credits". There are already a lot of WebOnt test cases around which should serve this purpose well (doing arithmetics with OWL Full comes to mind :)).

There will be no attempt to make the test cases consumable by OWL 2 DL reasoners, and in general they won't be. However, all the test cases will be consumable by RDFS and OWL 2 RL/rule reasoners, as well as by other RDF-semantics based reasoners such as the Jena/OWL reasoners or OWLIM's OWL-fragments, although I expect these reasoners to only succeed on certain parts of the test suite.

At the moment, I have created the basic structure of the test suite, and have already created some first few tests in order to experiment with them. The complete creation is going to take some time, but I am eager to get it finished before CR publication.

Regards,
Michael

--
Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Research Scientist, Dept. Information Process Engineering (IPE)