Re: QRG in pdf

Sandro Hawke wrote:
>>> I remember, does it exclude 2 cards recto verso =  4 pages ?
>>> and even so, why should we be so rigid ?
>>>

>> if keeping a small amount more length increases either its useful
>> content or its understandability, that is a tradeoff that i think is
>> worth making.
>>

> Maybe we can compromise (if necessary) by having any material that
> pushes it beyond two pages be omitted from the 2-page version?  It's
> easy enough to mark text (whole sections, or even just words) with
> something like class="no-card", and have it not be rendered it the PDF
> translation process.
>
>     -- Sandro

i think this and other suggestions for how to cut are all useful and
reasonable.
the goal is to be of the most use.  note that the portion of the owl
overview document this is trying to replace did attempt to be
comprehensive but that was easier in owl 1 than owl 2 (and conceivably
may be perceived as less critical now).
if we can serve more users well with one 2 page pdf and another longer
html version, that is fine with me.
the question is how much we have to sacrifice in content (and
potentially understandability) to hit 2 pages.
bijan (and others) had a few nice suggestions that may help.  perhaps we
can try the formatting suggestions and see how close that gets us.