Re: Primer: Summary of updates

Hi all,

as an addendum to the primer updates: in an earlier communication, Uli
communicated the feeling that the primer goes into detail rather
quickly. Thus, I have come up with a gentle introductory section "What
is OWL 2?" on the high-level aspects of OWL also outlining some key
differences to other technologies. IMHO this indeed harmonizes the
overall presentation and might help the average primer-reader to get a
more "holistic" idea about OWL 2.

Best regards,
  Sebastian

Am 15.04.2009 um 13:11 schrieb Markus Krötzsch:

> There have been many updates to the Primer last week. Here is a
> summary of the
> main changes that were made in response to suggestions from WG members
> (including the discussion at the last telco):
>
> * "Changes from OWL 1" removed. As requested by several WG members,
> the
> Appendix about changes from OWL 1 has been deleted and references to
> NF&R have
> been introduced instead.
>
> * Anchors to individual features added. As requested by Jie, we have
> introduced fine-grained anchors for all features and updated the
> table at [1]
> accordingly. Note that several features that are still missing will
> be added
> for the next publication round. Editor notes in Primer point out such
> omissions (in particular, the section on advanced modeling with
> datatype
> properties, including facets, is not written yet, hence many "Data*"
> features
> are still missing; the final coverage here will be similar as for the
> "Object*" features). We also received comments from WG members
> warning us to
> introduce too many features, so there will be more discussion needed
> to find
> the right balance here.
>
> * Examples extended and improved. The correctness and style of the
> syntactic
> translations in examples has been improved based on a number of
> comments.
>

> There have, of course, been other changes, but we perceive the above
> to be
> most relevant for clearing the way towards publishing the Primer in
> this round
> (judging from the feedback we received).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Markus
>

> [1] http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Talk:Quick_Reference_Guide
>

> --
> Markus Krötzsch
> Institut AIFB, Universität Karlsruhe (TH), 76128 Karlsruhe
> phone +49 (0)721 608 7362          fax +49 (0)721 608 5998
> mak@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de          www  http://korrekt.org

Dr. Sebastian Rudolph
Institute AIFB, University of Karlsruhe, D-76128 Karlsruhe
rudolph@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de    phone +49 (0)721 608 7362
www.sebastian-rudolph.de                 fax +49 (0)721 608 5998