Re: Review of XML Serialization (first part)

Hi,

On 8 apr 2009, at 16:43, Bijan Parsia wrote:
>> * The definition of PN_PREFIX contains an invisible character ' '
>> that probably shouldn't be there.
>
> I looked but couldn't see it!

:)

> Do you mean:
> (&PN_CHARS; ))?
>                           ^

No, I mean:

<!ENTITY PN_PREFIX     "(&PN_CHARS_BASE;)((&PN_CHARS;|
\.)*(&PN_CHARS; ))?">
                                                                      ^
(it's not a space... what is it?)

> ?
> If so, fixed.
>
>> * The definition of PN_CHARS_BASE is garbled on the wiki, as it (or
>> my firefox?) tries to render the characters. This makes that one
>> cannot copy & paste the XML schema from the browser to a file.
>
> Well, it's not garbled, per se. If you have the right encoding, it
> should be ok. It's just two different spelling.

Ok.

>> Isn't there some way of making this possible (My guess is that it
>> can be done, but that it would interfere with the live-from-wiki
>> schema)
>
> Yes and Yes. Basically I have to escape the amps. I prefer this way
> of rendering since it makes it absolutely clear that it is the same
> as sparql.
>
> Will tweak in the generation process.
>
> I tend to download it from:
> 	http://www.w3.org/ns/owl2-xml/live-from-wiki.xsd
>
> I think it would be nice to have a link to a direct download so one
> can do that instead of cnp. I'll add that.

Great.

>> * I am a bit puzzled by the line "Only one Prefix element may
>> define a prefix in a particular file" as the schema clearly allows
>> for multiple prefixes to be defined. Perhaps turn the sentence
>> 'round to "In any particular file, a prefix may be defined by only
>> one Prefix element".
>
> Much better, thanks! Fixed.
>
> Schema updated.

Ok,

	Rinke

> Cheers,
> Bijan.

---
Drs Rinke Hoekstra

Leibniz Center for Law      |  AI Department
Faculty of Law              |  Faculty of Sciences
Universiteit van Amsterdam  |  Vrije Universiteit
Kloveniersburgwal 48        |  De Boelelaan 1081a
1012 CX  Amsterdam          |  1081 HV Amsterdam
+31-(0)20-5253499           |  +31-(0)20-5987752
hoekstra@uva.nl             |  hoekstra@few.vu.nl

Homepage: http://www.leibnizcenter.org/users/rinke