Re: ACTION-319 Review profiles

Thanks for the review. Comments in line below and diff at [1]

Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/index.php?
title=Profiles&diff=21303&oldid=21102

On 1 Apr 2009, at 21:27, Achille Fokoue wrote:

> Here is my review of the Profiles specification:
>

> Overall comments:
>
> Despite some minor concerns listed below, the spec is ready to go.
>

> Detailed comments:
>
> Section 1: Introduction.
>
> The last paragraph of the introduction says 'This document depends
> on the four features identified in the OWL 2 Specification [pointer
> to the syntax spec] as being at risk'. However, I could only find
> two features at risk in the Syntax Spec (Feature at risk #1
> owl:rational support and Feature at risk #4: rdf:XMLLiteral
> support, which should probably be numbered 2)

I fixed this to say "two features" -- xsd:decimal precision and
owl:dateTime name are no longer at risk. It does seem to make sense
to re-number the features at risk in SS&FS -- I will mention it to
the editors.

> Section 4.1: OWL 2 RL Feature overview.
>
> NegativeObjectPropertyAssertion and NegativeDataPropertyAssertion
> are disallowed, but it seems that they should be part of the
> language since they can be expressed using other allowed constructs
> (e.g. NegativeObjectPropertyAssertion(R, a, b) = DisjointClasses
> (ObjectSomeValueFrom(R, ObjectOneOf(b)), ObjectOneOf(a))).

Good question, and one that has also been raised by Jos de Bruijn in
a LC comment. It is on the agenda for discussion on Wednesday.

> Section 4.2.5 OWL 2 RL Axioms
>
> DataPropertyDomain is incorrectly defined as DataPropertyDomain :=
> 'DataPropertyDomain' '(' axiomAnnotations DataPropertyExpression
> superClassExpression ')'. superClassExpression in the previous
> definition should be replaced by DataRange.

This is a *domain* statement, so I believe that it is correct that a
class expression is specified (see Section 9.3.4 of SS&FS).