Re: Introductions

Hi,

my name is Markus Krötzsch (Kroetzsch if you're short of umlauts), and I am a
researcher at FZI/AIFB Karlsruhe, where I am also working on my doctoral
thesis. I am also a member of RIF WG. My current semantic research is
slightly schizophrenic:

* On the one hand, I am investigating tractable description logics and
conjunctive query answering in various DLs. In this role, I expect this WG to
fix some useful definitions for commonly used tractable OWL fragments.

* On the other hand, I am the maintainer and main developer of Semantic
MediaWiki, which uses very lightweight ontologies, but which exports data
that is OWL-DL compatible. In this role, I would especially like to see
lightweight meta-modelling (punning), and some syntactical RDF compatibility.

== What I hope/expect to contribute ==

If all goes well, Semantic MediaWiki can become an early adopter of "OWL 1.1"
(or however we will call it), which would probably lead to a rather large
number of OWL1.1 files on the web. We are also willing to contribute to the
specification of tractable fragments.

More information and contact details can be found at my homepage
http://korrekt.org.

Cheers,

Markus

P.S. As already indicated, I will join F2F1.

--
Markus Krötzsch
Institut AIFB, Universät Karlsruhe (TH), 76128 Karlsruhe