Re: [Impr] Structural Specification and Functional-Style Syntax

I agree with Peter on this, especially if we are publishing this as more
than just an editor's draft soon. The UML diagrams represent neither a
MOF metamodel nor UML profile, and are not related to the current OMG
ODM standard, as Evan alluded in his email.  We can point to open
source, commercial, and research implementations of various aspects of
the ODM, and would like to assist in the migration effort to help ease
the burden on that community.

Having a revised abstract syntax, as Peter suggests, would be a much
cleaner approach.  I would be happy to work with whoever is developing
the abstract syntax on the related metamodel, and that work could inform
the syntax development, as we did with Common Logic.  There are other
folks, Peter Haase at FZI for example, who are also interested in
contributing to the metamodel, which could be done in conjunction with
the OMG Ontology PSIG.  It would also be useful to have more consensus
on the RDF mapping, which, even if we choose to uncouple the OWL
metamodel from the currently related RDF metamodel in ODM, would be
required on our side to create a synchronized ODM modification.

Thanks,

Elisa