About Editors and About Today's telcon

Hi Alan, et al.

First, my regrets that I can't attend today's telcon.  I have an
invited speaker coming in today and we are taking him to lunch. So,
depending on how long that goes over, I may be able to join in later
on.

Alan, thanks for sending the link about editors.  I followed it and it
did  spark my interest as a role to consider. I'll need to investigate
further before knowing, but because I can make the call today, I wanted
to let you know I'm interested/considering it.

You need also to know that I may not be able to take on the role
because at the moment I haven't yet secured project funding for this
activity within MITRE.  This is why I've not formally introduced myself
yet and why I've not done my homework.  I simply haven't had the time.
Any spare time has also been taken up with end/beginning of fiscal year
and project reviews within MITRE and at Harvard I'm in the process of
submitting a grant proposal (due Tuesday), so there went my otherwise
spare time (in case you were wondering).

I am encouraged about getting funding within MITRE because there is
great interest and activity in MITRE with respect to the W3C and
Semantic Web. MITRE was one of founding members of the W3C. However,
I'm new here and am still finding my way around.

Sorry again that I can't join today's call.

Joanne