Re: Introductions

Hi,

I am a Researcher/PhD student at the Faculty of Law of the University of
Amsterdam where I am involved in a number of SemanticWeb / knowledge
representation projects for the legal domain, a.o. in building legal
ontologies and annotating legal texts. But don't worry, my background is
in AI. If you were to put a label on me, you could call me an
experienced user.

The recent developments on the OWL front have gotten me (us) really
excited and I hope that this working group will deliver a more
expressive and a little less scary and messy successor to OWL 1.0.

I expect to contribute primarily on the user/usability/readability end
of things (case studies, documentation etc.), and am quite willing to
debug other peoples writings. My/our interests lie at the interaction
with RIF, the relation and combination with more annotation-like
standards (such as RDF), and opening OWL up to a wide(r) public.

More information about me, and were I come from, can be found at [1] and
[2].

I will most likely be able to attend the Manchester F2F in December.

Best,

	Rinke

[1] http://www.leibnizcenter.org
[2] http://www.leibnizcenter.org/users/rinke

Alan Ruttenberg wrote:

> This is a good time for members to start introducing themselves to the
> other members of  working group.
> The topics generally covered are:
>
>   -- a bio summarising experience you have that's relevant to the work
> of this group
>
>   -- as much contact info as you care to share on this public list
>
>   -- what you expect to get out of this WG
>
>   -- what you hope/expect to contribute.
>
> As we will be using a wiki to record information about the working
> group, it would be great if you could create an account on it and put
> your introduction there as well, or link to your post. Here's how: Go to
> http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/. At the top right click "Log in/ create
> account". On the next page click "Create an account". Use a "wiki name"
> as your login, a concatenation of your captialized first and last names,
> e.g. IanHorrocks. Once you have an account, click on your home page,
> which will be linked to on the topmost line of each page, and introduce
> yourself. Instructions on basic editing within the wiki are available at
> [1]. You can also add your page to the wiki participants page [2].
>
> Also, in your email, please indicate your intentions/expectations w.r.t.
> the first F2F meeting [3] by stating "Attending F2F" or "Regrets for F2F".
>
> Thanks!   I'm looking forward to talking to you on Wednesday and to
> meeting many of you in Manchester in December.
>
> [1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Wikitext_examples
> [2] http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Participants
> [3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2007Oct/0004.html
>
> Regards,
> Alan

Drs. Rinke Hoekstra

Email: hoekstra@uva.nl   Skype:  rinkehoekstra
Phone: +31-20-5253499    Fax:   +31-20-5253495
Web:   http://www.leibnizcenter.nl/users/rinke

Leibniz Center for Law,         Faculty of Law
University of Amsterdam,           PO Box 1030
1000 BA  Amsterdam,            The Netherlands