Re: Multiple objects vs. intersectionOf when defining subclasses

 From an OWL inference point of view, the two design patterns give
identical results. However, the two structures may lead to different
behaviours:
  1) different optimisations can apply to different structures, even if
they are equivalent
  2) for data processing other than OWL reasoning (query answering,
indexing, graph analysis, etc), the shape of the graph is important. In
general, the structure with owl:intersectionOf is more cumbersome and
should be avoided in the right-hand-side of a subClassOf axiom.

--AZ

--
Antoine Zimmermann
Institut Henri Fayol