Re: [OWLAPI-developer] Visual Graph Editor/OWL API Integration Developer

Hello Chris,
 I developed a graphical Ontology editor called "SMEd" during my master
thesis.

The editor is based on a UML-like graphical Web interface and stores
ontologies in OWL format based on the OWLAPI. I created a wrapper that
unifies the access to the ontology to retrieve individuals. The approach is
based on code generation and allows to save/update/edit individuals either
based on the OWLAPI or Jena API.

As my master thesis was about project managament tool integration SMEd has
been integrated into an extensive IT Project Management Dashboard, which
comes with a bunch of additional data visualization and configuration
features. The visualization is based on SPARQL queries, again based on the
OWLAPI or Jena (the developer can choose).

I send you two references for further information.

   - Paper "The Semantic Model Editor: Efficient Data Modeling and
   Integration based on OWL Ontologies" (nominated for best paper award):
   http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Dietmar_Winkler/publication/266652754_The_semantic_model_editor_efficient_data_modeling_and_integration_based_on_OWL_ontologies/links/546dcc070cf2a7492c56026e.pdf
   - Master Thesis "An Integration Framework for Knowledge-Supported
   Project Management in IT Consortia" (look for it on Google Books).
   Nominated for best thesis award at the University of Technology Vienna).The
   book contains some screenshots of the UI.

I am eager to get in touch with you to learn about your plans. Please
contact me in order to get more details.
Best regards,
Andreas