Re: Universal Quantification - common misconception

Hi Bijan,

Thanks for the explanation, it was very helpful. My confusion really stemmed
from the wording in the primer. I could see for myself that the restriction
could be satisfied by a person who has no children, but could not understand
what formal semantics were actually being described or how they could be
used to make such an inference.

I recommend rephrasing that text in the next version of the primer along
similar lines to the  explanation in your reply. My confusion was no doubt
in part due to my lack of experience with formal logics or semantics and
perhaps the intended audience would be a little more informed, but for what
it's worth...

Cheers,
Niall.