RE: class and inviduals

Hi!

Some more observations below!

Having had a closer look at dbpedia-owl:Actor
(http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Actor),
which, as said above, has a large number of instances and
for which there is a owl:sameAs-link to opencyc:actor,
I could see that this concept is used in DBPedia as:
  (i) a sub-class of dbpedia-owl:Artist;
  (ii) a super-class of concepts, s.a. dbpedia-owl:VoiceActor;
  (iii) the domain of properties, s.a. dbpedia-owl:geminiAward.
Again, the difference between OWL 2 DL punning and
RDF(S)/OWL-Full metamodeling will be sensible, since in
OWL 2 Full one will be able to infer corresponding
(i) sub-class-, (ii) super-class-, and (iii) domain relationships
also for opencyc:actor, which are not entailed in OWL 2 DL.

I also found that OpenCyc maintains a rich multi-level
metaclass hierarchy. For example, opencyc:actor
(http://sw.opencyc.org/concept/Mx4rvVjaHZwpEbGdrcN5Y29ycA)
is defined as an instance of opencyc:type_of_entertainer
(http://sw.opencyc.org/concept/Mx4rvxw_ApwpEbGdrcN5Y29ycA).
The latter contains many other instances, such as
opencyc:magician, opencyc:DJ and opencyc:clown,
all of them having instances themselves, e.g.
David Copperfield, D.J. Yella, and Herschel Krustofsky,
respectively.
Further, the metaclass opencyc:type_of_entertainer is itself
an instance of opencyc:faceting_collection_type
(http://sw.opencyc.org/concept/Mx4rvprlOZwpEbGdrcN5Y29ycA),
which again is an instance of opencyc:type_of_collection_type
(http://sw.opencyc.org/concept/Mx4rviPYH5wpEbGdrcN5Y29ycA).
Interestingly, the latter concept is defined as an instance
of itself, resembling the rdfs:Class/owl:Class loops in
RDFS and OWL Full.

Cheers,
Michael

--
Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Research Scientist, Information Process Engineering (IPE)