Re: All humans love (all) cats

Hi Michael -

Thanks for posting two crisp OWL examples in response to ...

*Adrian * If possible, please point me to further examples
in which OWL does things that [perhaps] cannot reasonably be done with
[EE/IBL] rules.

*Michael*  Maybe this one (OWL 1)?

"""
ex:c owl:unionOf ( ex:c1 ex:c2 ex:c3 ) .
ex:d owl:disjointWith ex:c1 .
ex:d rdfs:subClassOf [
   owl:intersectionOf ( ex:c [ owl:complementOf ex:c2 ] )
] .
---------------------------------------
ex:d rdfs:subClassOf ex:c3 .
"""

*Adrian*:   Here's *one *way of doing the above in EE/IBL rules:

*D is a subclass of the union C of some-classes
some-Cn is one of those-classes
not : that-Cn is disjoint with D
D is a subclass of that-Cn

D is a subclass of the union C of these-classes
                                   C1 C2 C3

this-class1 is disjoint with this-class2
 C1                            D
 C2                            D

D is a subclass of the union C of some-classes
some-Cn is one of  those-classes
that-Cn is one of those-classes

in position some-pos of some-classes there is an item some-item
that-item is one of those-classes
*
You can view, edit and run the example by pointing a browser to
www.reengineeringllc.com and choosing HumansLoveCats3.  You can also get the
following explanation/proof:
*
D is a subclass of the union C of  C1 C2 C3
C3 is one of  C1 C2 C3
not: C3 is disjoint with D
D is a subclass of C3

in position 3 of  C1 C2 C3  there is an item C3
C3 is one of  C1 C2 C3

missing: C3 is disjoint with D
not: C3 is disjoint with D
*
Comments on the above would be much appreciated.  Then we will try the
second example.

                          Cheers,  -- Adrian

Internet Business Logic
A Wiki and SOA Endpoint for Executable Open Vocabulary English Q/A over SQL
and RDF
Online at www.reengineeringllc.com
Shared use is free, and there are no advertisements

Adrian Walker
Reengineering