Re: inverse of a symmetric property?

Hi Nathan, I guess you mean the following, and an example of P would
be "IsMarriedTo", which is symmetric, and you could even think of InvP
as "hasSpouse"...in general, if a property is symmetric, you can't
distinguish between that property and its inverse, so introducing a
name for the inverse (rather than, say, an alternative name for the
property itself) can be confusing...

Anyway, in the example below, there is nothing that would allow us to
deduce that a and b are identical (in the same way as Mr and Mrs
Miller aren't identical)...

But perhaps I completely misunderstood your question?

Cheers, Uli

----

ObjectProperty: P

     Characteristics: