Re: How to handle predicates and anonymous inferred classes created in protege via JENA?

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 11:06 AM,  <fa2260@columbia.edu> wrote:
> Thanks Paul and Michael for your feedback, which was very useful. It appears
> we still do not have a solution to our problem, although we could implement
> Paul's suggestion manually. That, however, would not be the most optimal way
> of doing things, especially if we have a few hundred relationships that we
> need to parse.
>
> Any additional feedback would be most appreciated. The thing that is so
> puzzling is that "Is it true that rdf/xml file embedded in a Protege
> generated .owl file that links two classes using a predicate cannot be
> parsed by Jena? In other words, Is Jena so incompatible with Protege
> generated .owl file? I kinda feel there is a non-maual workaround this, but
> maybe I am wrong.

What do you mean by the phrase: "that links two classes using a
predicate"? The only predicate I see that you have linking classes is
the subClassOf between AdventitousRoot and owl:Thing, and the
subClassOf between AdventitousRoot and the restriction.

The RDF that you've shown in your example will go into Jena just fine.
Indeed, you mentioned that it went in, and you even showed the
internal blank node identifier that Jena generated for the Restriction
class. So what is failing for you?

Regards,
Paul Gearon