RE: Help with a Restriction

William,

before I or anyone else can start to find an answer to your question, you
should clarify your question a bit. From what I am reading, it sounds to me
that you want to restrict the application of the 'bindTo' property to
situations as in the following example:

  // declarations:
  component1 rdf:type Component .
  component2 rdf:type Component .
  port1 rdf:type Port .
  port2 rdf:type Port .

  // component2 is parent of component1:
  component1 belongsTo component2 .

  // both components expose some port each:
  component1 exposes port1 .
  component2 exposes port2 .

  // component1's port is being bind
  // to its parent's port:
  port1 bindTo port2 .

  // *not* allowed:
  //   port2 bindTo port1
  // since port1 is /not/ exposed by a parent component
  // of port2's associated component

Please confirm whether this is what you have in mind as a valid scenario, or
say where I got you wrong.

Michael

--
Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Research Scientist, Information Process Engineering (IPE)