Re: OWL 2 is now a W3C Proposed Recommendation

Bene,

OWL 2 reuses the same URI used by OWL 1. As OWL 2 is an extension to OWL
1, this makes sense.

I cannot comment on the plans of the different editors regarding the
additional OWL 2 features although, AFAIK, Protege does cover part of
OWL 2 already.

Ivan

Bene Rodriguez-Castro wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a specific prefix or base URI designated for OWL 2?
>
> OWL 1 provides the URI <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl>
> neat ontology representation of the different modelling elements
> available in OWL 1.
>
> I was looking at the documents listed in the previous email (and
> different references in them) for a corresponding URI in the context
> of OWL 2 that I could load in any of these editors, but these
> documents still refer to the OWL 1 URI <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl>
>
> Thanks in advance for any comments you may have.
>
> Bene Rodriguez
>
> Postgraduate Student | Intelligence, Agents and Multimedia Group |
> School of Electronics and Computer Science | University of Southampton
> | Southampton SO17 1BJ | United Kingdom
>

> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 8:30 PM, Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org> wrote:
>> Following a successful Candidate Recommendation phase, during which we
>> received reports of more than a dozen implementations [1], OWL 2 has
>> advanced to Proposed Recommendation.  During this four-week phase, W3C
>> member organizations [2] have a chance decide whether OWL 2 should be
>> published as a W3C Recommendation.
>>
>> We have published new versions of the documents [3], but the changes
>> since Candidate Recommendation are all minor and editorial.  (The
>> changes are detailed in a changelog in each document.)  No changes to
>> software or ontologies should be required.
>>
>> The new publications are linked from our documentation roadmap:
>>
>>   http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/PR-owl2-overview-20090922/#Documentation_Roadmap
>>
>> Comments are best sent to public-owl-comments@w3.org.  General
>> discussion of OWL 2 is probably best done on public-owl-dev@w3.org [4].
>>
>>    -- Sandro   (W3C Staff Contact, OWL WG)