Re: OWL 2 -- Call for Implementations, new Drafts

SH: While the Working Group is interested in feedback, we do ask that people
send their comments to our public comments list if they want us to read
them, discuss them as a group, and reply.  (Also, please do NOT cross post
to that list, since it may cause other people to accidentally
submit comments if they reply to you.)  It helps if the comments suggest
specific, practical things we should do."

OK, without the cross-posting. Now what i tried to hint several times in a
soft way. With all my esteem to all its contributers and editors,
http://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-profiles/, in my humble but frank opinion, the
project, if not foundered, is certainly far away from the status of being a
standard, even "recommended standard", both in its parts and in the whole.
As an excuse, it must be mentioned that this group faced more complex task:
to merge different pieces into a single whole. For each part of work, a
listing of principal discrepancies and inconsistences and contradictories
could be presented, with one pragmatic suggestion: since it is a
time-consuming job to read all these pieces and bits, w3c could assign the
critical report to our company in due course. The knowledge of ontology and
semantics applied leaves much to be desired, and insisting on this version
will do nothing but harm the idea of semantic web, imho.

Azamat Abdoullaev
EIS Encyclopedic Intelligent Systems Ltd
http://www.standardontology.com