Re: some x has only y

On 13 Mar 2008, at 13:54, Matthew Pocock wrote:

>>> However, while this gets arround the problems with the a-box
>>> approach, this
>>> has introduced a new named class with a necesarily ugly name.
>>
>> Is it? Do you need the name? Not in OWL. You can write:
>>
>> 	causes some "karaoke singing experience < "beer drinking experience"
>>
>> directly.
>
> Doesn't this imply that every "karaoke singing experience" is
> caused by a
> "beer drinking experience"?

Yep, too strong.

> So, let's say that sometimes karaoke is caused
> by being polite to visitors. Something more like this would seem to be
> closer:
>
>   intersection(causes some "karaoke singing experience" "beer drinking
> experience") < OWL:Thing

Yep, that's what I should have written.

> I don't know how to get statements like this into Protege, although
> the
> xml encoding is obvious.

I don't see a way either. You need a bit in class descriptions
"subclasses" to do the trick...maybe there's some secret way to do
it. I see a view "General Class Axioms" but can't get it to do
anything :) (It will *display* things with complex LHSs, but it won't
let me *enter* them in this version.)

Cheers,
Bijan.