Re: OWL (or RDFS) and RDF and language tags

On 7 Feb 2008, at 18:03, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> Bijan Parsia wrote:
>> Oh, another possibility is to use some derivation of xsd:string +
>> pattern facets to constrain oneself to ones ending with, e.g.,
>> @en. Unfortunately, at the moment, I don't think any current
>> reason supports pattern facets, though I imagine that will change
>> soon:
>>     http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pTmcCXR-dV6RpTEPxB0O-DQ
>> You would still have to convert to/fro normal langed literals, so
>> that's a bit unfortunate.
>> Cheers,
>> Bijan.
>
> No won't work.

Yes it will.

> An xsd:string has no language tag.

You missed the point that I wouldn't *use* a language tag per se, but
*encode* the language tag inside the string itself. Hence the need to
"convert to/fro normal langed literals". This is a *workaround* and I
pretty explicitly pointed out that it requires custom code. If that
custom code worked at the application and import/export layers, it
should be fine. Not pretty, but fine.

Cheers,
Bijan.