Re: Why the encapsulation?

On 23/09/2007, Michael Schneider <schneid@fzi.de> wrote:

> ><owl:ObjectProperty rdf:ID="hasBankAccount">
> > <rdfs:domain>
> >       <owl:Class rdf:about="#Person"/>
> >       <owl:Class rdf:about="#Corporation"/>
> > </rdfs:domain>
>
> This is simply a syntax error: You have to give a /single/ resource to the
> 'rdfs:domain' property, but you put in /two/ of them.

I'm curious, would I be missing something in saying:

<owl:ObjectProperty rdf:ID="hasBankAccount">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="#Person"/>
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="#Corporation"/>
</owl:ObjectProperty>

- is ok syntax, but the meaning would be different, in that the object
of an hasBankAccount statement in this case would be both a Person and
a Corporation, rather than a Person and/or a Corporation in the union
version?

Cheers,
Danny.

--