Re: Expressivity of sub property chains

Yes, you get your uncle -- in later versions of our work on complex
role inclusion axioms (on which this aspect of OWL 1.1 is based) we
were able to relax the restrictions that ensure decidability. It has
recently been shown that even further relaxation of these
restrictions is possible [1].

Ian

[1] Yevgeny Kazakov, Ulrike Sattler, Evgeny Zolin. How many legs do I
have? Non-simple roles in number restrictions revisited. In Proc. of
the 14th Int. Conf. on Logic for Programming, Artificial
Intelligence, and Reasoning (LPAR'2007). http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/
~ezolin/pub/zolin_2007_LPAR.pdf