Re: OWL 1.1: DataOneOf

On Aug 27, 2007, at 3:59 PM, Gerd Pühl wrote:

> Hi!
>
>  I want to use a DataOneOf-construct in the Range of a
> DatatypeProperty in an OWL 1.1-Ontology, but I am not sure about
> the correct syntax. According to http://www.webont.org/owl/1.1/
> rdf_mapping.html I tried the following two things:

[snip]
>      <rdfs:range>
>             <owl:DataRange>
>
>                 <owl:oneOf "valid"^^xsd#string "invalid"^^xsd#string/>
>
>                 </owl:oneOf>
>
>            </owl:DataRange>
>
>         </rdfs:range>
>
>     </owl:DatatypeProperty>
>

> And       <owl:oneOf>
>
> <"valid"^^xsd#string/>
>
> <"invalid"^^xsd#string/>
>
> </owl:oneOf>

Since neither of these is even well-formed XML...it's not too
terribly surprising it doesn't work.

>  instead of <owl:oneOf "valid"^^xsd#string "invalid"^^xsd#string/>.

This isn't well formed either.

>  But both tries do not work (cant’ even load the ontology any more)!
>
> So can anybody tell me the right usage of DataOneOf?

I'd really suggest working with something like Protege4alpha...at
least you can use it to generate syntax examples.

Plus, data oneOfs are nasty, as described in:
	<http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-owl-ref-20040210/#EnumeratedDatatype>

I leave you that example to help you figure out yours.

Cheers,
Bijan.