Re: Some advice on inferring negated properties

On Aug 16, 2007, at 8:20 PM, Bijan Parsia wrote:

[snip]
> Paste that into the web form (v. old version of Pellet) and you get
> an inconsistency.
>
> If you replace the last line with "ex:b rdf:type owl:Thing" (to get
> ex:b into the signature), this will entail:

Cut and paste error.

In fact the entailment is the other way around, i.e., if you make it
that ex:a can have *NO* Ps, e.g.,

> ex:a rdf:type [a owl:Restriction;
>                  owl:allValuesFrom owl:Nothing;
>                  owl:onProperty ex:P]]

Then add some individual to the signature:
	ex:b rdf:type owl:Thing

You entail the class assertion:

	ex:a rdf:type [ owl:complementOf [a owl:Restriction;
                  owl:hasValue ex:b;
                  owl:onProperty ex:P]].

(I got it correct in the command line example.)

When Pellet supports OWL 1.1 in entailments, you will also be able to
write the NegativeObjectPropertyAssertion directly.

Cheers,
Bijan.