Re: suggest owl11:chain to relate a list of properties to their chain/composition

Dan Connolly wrote:
> According to http://www.w3.org/Submission/owl11-rdf_mapping/
>
> that seems to map to
>
>  (parent brother) rdfs:subPropertyOf uncle.
>
> Meanwhile, the domain of rdfs:subPropertyOf is Property.
> So (parent brother) is a Property? I can't see any critical
> problems just now, but it seems a little odd.

How so?
Making the bnode explicit:

_:p rdfs:subPropertyOf uncle.
_:p = (parent brother).

There exist a thing (_:p) that is a subPropertyOf uncle (and hence it is
a property), which equals parent composed with brother.

Doesn't that read OK?

Jeremy

--
Hewlett-Packard Limited