From: public-owl-dev-request@w3.org [mailto:public-owl-dev-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Turner, David
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 12:38
To: public-owl-dev@w3.org
Subject: Practical Conforming Datatype Groups

Hi all,

Jeremy and I have been thinking about datatype groups in OWL/1.1 and have
posted a preprint of a paper on the subject to www-archive.

Abstract. Datatype groups are an extension to certain Description Logics
(DLs) that permit the user to reason about n-tuples of data, where n >= 1,
and thus to express complex constraints on multiple properties of objects. A
conforming datatype group has the appropriate computational properties to
preserve the soundness, completeness, and compactness of the reasoning
procedure of the underlying DL. We consider examples of datatype groups that
appear useful in practice, and illustrate the care that must be taken to
ensure that datatype groups are both conforming and practical.

Full paper at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2007Mar/0002.html

Cheers,

Dave

--
Dave Turner  Cube T400, HP Labs Bristol, Filton Road, Bristol BS34 8QZ
davidt@hp.com          +44 117 3129104 (Work) +44 7962 811627 (Mobile)