Annotation entailment!

OK, I checked the specs, and Alan is correct. OK, I can't derive it
from the specs (this would require some in-depth reading), but actually
there are normative test cases that answer the question pretty clearly
(referenced below).

So, owl:sameAs does indeed carry annotation property entailments, i.e.

ex:A rdf:label "Grue".
ex:A owl:sameAs ex:B.
--------------------
ex:B rdf:label "Grue".

*does* hold. Furthermore,

ex:A rdf:label "Grue".
ex:A owl:equivalentClass ex:B.
----------------------------
ex:B rdf:label "Grue".

does *not* hold, but

ex:A rdf:type owl:Class.
ex:B rdf:type owl:Class.
ex:A rdf:label "Grue".
ex:A owl:sameAs ex:B.
-----------------------
ex:B rdf:label "Grue".

*does* indeed hold, but only in OWL Full (it's not a valid OWL DL ontology).

I guess

ex:A rdf:label "Grue".
ex:A owl:equivalentProperty ex:B.
----------------------------
ex:B rdf:label "Grue".

does not hold as well.

I find the fact that sameAs and equivalentClass are treated differently
with this respect unintuitive, but at least it is well specified :) A
well defined spec is the next best thing to an intuitive spec.

Thanks for your help,
denny

Here are the test cases I derived this from:
<http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-test/byFunction#function-sameAs>
<http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-test/byFunction#function-equivalentClass>