Re: OWL reasoning in rules - infinite domains and queries

Dear All,

Following on from this discussion, and Ulrike's paper, if we have
infinite (inferred) individuals, such as chains of fathers or Guards,
and we query the ontology, what is returned?

Would a query of the form Guard(x) or Father(x) return an infinite
number of bindings? Or can we restrict it to "Known" individuals (which
seems to be what Ulrike's paper suggests). Is this similar to what you
can do with some of the SPARQL implementations (e.g. in Pellet) where
you can allow/ disallow bNodes - or is this distinct (I suspect they're
different - the rdf graph is not, I hope, infinite).

Thanks,

Matt

--
http://acl.icnet.uk/~mw