RE: representing non-state relationships in OWL

Hi Chris,
I agree that in RDF one can't qualify properties attached to resources
(except for identity, ie. rdf:node) without resorting to reficiations
perhaps. At the same time, it seems easiest to describe the meeting, rather
than to describe Peter, as in:

<Meeting rdf:ID='Meeting01'>
  <meetingHost rdf:resource='#Peter'/>
  <meetingTimeStart rdf:resource='#ThreePM'/>
  <meetingTimeEnd rdf:resource='#FivePM'/>
  <meetingLocation rdf:resource='#Rm305'/>
</Meeting>

But you want to identify Peter as a host and to describe the meeting that
Peter is hosting, maybe you could associate those attributes with a
description of the role that Peter fulfills:

<HumanBeing rdf:ID='Peter'>
   <has>
     <HostRole>
        <hostEvent rdf:resource='#Meeting01'/>
        <hostTimeStart rdf:resource='#ThreePM'/>
        <hostTimeEnd rdf:resource='#FivePM'/>
        <hostLocation rdf:resource='#Rm305'/>
     </HostRole>
   </has>
</HumanBeing>

The 'has' property is part of the ontology that I'm working on at
Legal-RDF.org (see the ontology's WIKI here).
Thanks,
John