Re: OWL1.1 APis

(just to add some irrelevant noise to your mailboxes...)

On 15 Dec 2006, at 09:49, Bijan Parsia wrote:

> On Dec 14, 2006, at 8:32 PM, Gerd Wagner wrote:
>
>>> Remember that consistency and entailment are closely related,
>>> e.g., P  is entailed by O if O & ~P is inconsistent.
>>
>> Only for classical logic, but not for many non-classical
>> logics that may be more relevant to KR than classical logic.
>
> Well this is so for RDF through OWL, which is, after all, what we
> are *very specifically* talking about.

With care...
First of all, in RDF there is no negation, so the above can not even
be stated.
Also in OWL-DL there is no negation in statements.
In DLs (like in modal logics - which are non-classical logics) the
deduction theorem is not straightforwardly true.
As a matter of fact, the reduction from entailment to satisfiability
is done by using the internalisation process (e.g., by having or
mimicking the universal role).
ciao
--e.