Re: Not out of the water yet...OWL DL properties

Hans Teijgeler wrote:

>Hi Bijan,
>
>Yes, it tells that all instances of the class
>CalControlsHardwareRequirements have a property 'imageProperty' that has a
>value of D-AB-M-037_REVA_12.png
>(just like all instances of Ford Mustang we have the same
>FordMustangHandbook)
>
>Regards,
>Hans

Sorry for taking awhile to respond to this; I've been busy cleaning up
my Java code (I'm using Jena) and figuring out how to get an Exception
or two thrown.

As for using owl:onProperty, and giving all individuals of the class the
assigned restriction, that is not what I want to do. As Bijan says here,
I want the class itself to have that property, which is apparently not
legal in OWL DL.

The restriction suggested will actually prove useful to me in the
future, as there are some cases in which I want all individuals of a
certain class to have a certain ImageProperty assigned to them. So,
although that is not exactly what I'm looking for in this case, it will
be useful to me, and I thank you for suggesting it.

In conclusion, it looks as if I will be designing my ontology in OWL
Full, unless I can think of a way to sidestep the problem and stay in
OWL DL. Perhaps I will create individuals that are nothing but images,
and assign them the image property necessary, rather than the class. The
problem with that is I will need to find a way to make those images be
recognized by SPARQL and displayed along with the class, but that's
another issue entirely.

Thank you both for your help, I really appreciate it.
Dan