Re: OWL 2.0

On Jun 1, 2005, at 4:35 AM, Dan Brickley wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 23:24 -0400, Bijan Parsia wrote:
>> On May 31, 2005, at 11:50 AM, Denny Vrandecic wrote:
[snip]
>> [snip]
>> This has been a desire of mine for a *loooong* time. It would be
>> really
>> nice to be able to associate e.g., XSLT sheets with chunks of of
>> RDF/XML.
>
> Is GRDDL adequate for those purposes?
>
> http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/2005/SUBM-grddl-20050516/
>
> """This document presents GRDDL, a mechanism for Gleaning Resource
> Descriptions from Dialects of Languages; that is, for getting RDF data
> out of XML and XHTML documents using explicitly associated
> transformation algorithms, typically represented in XSLT."""

It seems right in spirit.

But, afaict, it's just a "global" stylesheet. Which is fine, I suppose,
but I was kind of hoping for a "macro" like style sheet that would be
evaluated "In a context". I.e., only on the fragment to which it was
attached. But whatever :) I don' t think I'm *committed* to that, and
maybe it makes the syntax nastier or the sheets nastier...who knows :)

The missing bit of course is making RDF/XML sheet aware so that RDF/XML
parsers do the right thing (i.e., process the stylesheet or die) before
parsing.

Cheers,
Bijan.