Re: OWL Inference Engines

This doesn't directly answer your question, but...

Your goal sounds to me rather like the IHMC KaOS project, which I
understand uses DAML (precursor of OWL) extensively:
http://www.ihmc.us/research/projects/KAoS/

[[
The Knowledgeable Agent-oriented System (KAoS) provides services that help
assure that agents from different developers and running on diverse
platforms will always operate within the bounds of established policies and
will be continually responsive to human control so that they can be safely
deployed in operational settings.
]]

FWIW, KaOS used JTP -- see
http://www.ihmc.us/research/projects/KAoS/SemanticWeb03.pdf