Re: OWL 2.0 ...

Jim,
we are working on extended reasoning services like explaining
subsumption or unsatisfiability in order to
support ontology  authoring (i.e. see our OWL Lite editor OntoTrack
[1]). However, even building an explainer
covering all of OWL Lite is difficult because of GCIs, disjunction and
full negation (which are syntactically
forbidden but can be simulated in OWL Lite). We therefore propose to
review or extend the OWL language
fragments in a next version. In addition, we suggest to specify a
reasoner interface supporting incremental
reasoning and retraction of definitions (i.e. by extending the DIG
specification). In order to better support
distributed ontologies we propose to introduce an OWL ontology grounding
which allows to specify/find
the syntactical location of a class/property axiom.

[1] http://www.informatik.uni-ulm.de/ki/ontotrack/