Re: [LC response] To Richard H. McCullough

No, I am not satisfied with your proposed additional text.

If  OWL2 "class" is the "extension set" of a "concept",
your document should say that.

If your document does not say that, you are missing
this unique opportunity to eliminate the confusion
associated with RDF "class".

I propose adding the text below as the first paragraph
of section 4 of the OWL2 primer.

Natural languages use a "concept" to refer to a group
of similar, individual entities.  A "concept" may be
defined by its
    "extension" -- the set of all individual entities
                        which are members of the group
    "genus" -- the more general group which includes
                   all individual members of the group
    "differentiae" -- the properties [a.k.a. "intension"]
                          which are shared by all individual
                          members of the group, and which
                          distinguish them from other members
                          of the "genus".
In OWL 2:
    a "class" is the "extension set" of a "concept";
    the "class" is a "subClassOf" the "genus class";
    property "restrictions" specify the "differentiae".

Dick McCullough
http://mkrmke.org