Re: [LC response] To Marco Colombetti

Dear Markus,

thank you for your message. The action taken by the OWL WG
is better than nothing, but I would have much preferred a
terminology that is consistent with an established
mathematical and philosophical tradition, which by the way
is currently adopted throughout Computer Science, with the
only exception of the OWL community.

My experience with students is that explaining the
difference between a statement (as a syntactic entity), an
axiom and a theorem is crucial for understanding
ontologies and reasoning, and the fact that the official
OWL terminology blurs these differences won't help.

Kindest regards,

Marco