Re: rdfs:isDefinedBy and version IRI

I think I remember hearing at SemTech the other week that rdfs:isDefinedBy
has fallen out of favor. I'm not sure if that is because people just have
not adopted it or because the working group nudged us not to use it.

I guess I'll try to answer your question with another question. What are the
variety of uses for rdfs:isDefinedBy according to
1) as intended, and 2) in practice?

The answers that I know of:
* Provide a mechanism for an automated agent to retrieve the ontology for a
term that it doesn't know (enough) about.
* Provide a triple-based string comparison in a query over terms (instead of
performing a string regex in a FILTER to limit only predicates within a
certain namespace, simply adding another triple in a query ( $subject $p $o
.. $p rdfs:isDefinedBy myns: ) .

That's all I have...

Regards,
Tim Lebo