Fwd: [Fwd: Please Send OWL 2 Implementation Reports (today!)]

> On Dienstag, 4. August 2009, Pascal Hitzler wrote:

Daniel Winkler

Semantic Technology Institute (STI) Innsbruck

Barry Bishop
Pascal Hitzler
Sebastian Rudolph
Markus Krötzsch

>>     2.  The name of your system, a URL for its website (if any), and a
>>         one-sentence description.

ELLY (at the moment the wiki [2] says IRIS, that should be changed to ELLY)

http://elly.sourceforge.net/ (will be updated as soon as it is
released, currently standard sourceforge.net project website)

Data-centric implementation of reasoning and query answering based on
translating EL/RL to datalog in a way that preserves assertional
entailments.

>>     3.  Which profile(s) it implements (DL, EL, QL, RL, or Full).  We
>>         would appreciate some brief commentary about why you chose those
>>         profiles, and what sort of implementation techniques you are
>>         using.

EL, RL

ELLY is an implementation of an ELP reasoner, therefore the profiles
EL and RL are supported.

The implementation is based on [3].

>>     4.  Which semantics you implement (direct or rdf-based), and
>>         (optionally) why.

direct

>>     5.  Do you believe your system currently conforms to the OWL 2
>>         Candidate Recommendation?  Does it pass all the test cases for
>>         your profile?  If not, which features does it lack and/or which
>>         test cases does it not yet pass?  Do you have plans to make it
>>         conformant, and make it pass all the test cases?

OWL profile support under development.
It is planned to be conformant.

>>     6.  Did you implement the "at risk" features, owl:rational and
>>         rdf:XMLLiteral?  If not, do you intend to, or do you think we
>>         should remove them from OWL 2?

TBD

>>     7.  Finally, we'd appreciate your evaluation of whether the OWL 2
>>         Candidate Recommendation is ready to proceed along the standards
>>         track toward being a W3C Recommendation.  If not, please be sure
>>         to tell us what problems you think we need to address.
>>
>> In some cases, much of this information is already present in our
>> implementations table [2], and you can consider this e-mail just a
>> request to verify/update that information.  To be sure our information
>> is correct and up to date, we would appreciate a brief e-mail, even if
>> the entry is accurate.
>>
>> A reply as soon as you read this would be helpful, and then please send
>> updates if anything changes.
>>
>>      -- Sandro Hawke, W3C Staff Contact
>>         OWL Working Group
>>
>> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-comments/
>> [2] http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Implementations

[3] Markus Krötzsch, Sebastian Rudolph, Pascal Hitzler. ELP: Tractable
Rules for OWL 2. In Amit Sheth, Steffen Staab, Mike Dean, Massimo
Paolucci, Diana Maynard, Timothy Finin, Krishnaprasad Thirunarayan,
eds.: Proceedings of the 7th International Semantic Web Conference
(ISWC-08), pp. 649–664. Springer 2008.

Kind regards,
 Daniel Winkler