RE: [w3c/ortc] RTCQuicTransport: Addition of createStream and onstream (#783)

From: Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 20:54:18 +0000
To: Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com>, "public-ortc@w3.org" <public-ortc@w3.org>
Peter said:

“QUIC does have unreliable transport if you're willing to many streams (one message per stream), which I think is a fine approach as long as it's performant enough.”

[BA] Are you assuming that the underlying QUIC implementation provides control over maximum retransmits or packet lifetime?  If a message spans several packets and one or more are lost, an unreliable RTCDataChannel would want to avoid retransmits.

“I don't see why that is not straightforward.  We've already implemented a prototype of this twice, and both times it was easy and a small amount of code.”

[BA]  Agree that implementation should be straightforward.  Was more concerned about dependencies on IETF standardization.