[ortc] What does RTCRtpEncodingParameters.active=false in a RtpReceiver?

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 15:36:51 +0000
To: public-ortc@w3.org
ibc has just created a new issue for https://github.com/openpeer/ortc:

== What does RTCRtpEncodingParameters.active=false in a RtpReceiver?
==
> active of type boolean, defaulting to true
> Whether the sender or receiver is active. If false, don't send any
media right now.

If I call `rtpReceiver.receive()` with `encodingParameters.active:
false`, what happens? Does it means that incoming media is not given
to the associated `MediaStreamTrack`?

If so, the spec should clarify it better.

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/openpeer/ortc/issues/355 using your GitHub account