Re: ORTC CG vs WebRTC WG Issues

Hi Erik,

I understand and fully respect the decision made by the CG chairs, I
would have probably done the same thing in your position. Convergence
between WebRTC and ORTC is a major goal we should all be looking for.

Given said that, IMHO, the parts of the specs that needs a deep re-think
and improvements are specially the ones shared with webrtc, that is:
senders/receivers/parameters/capabilities.But given the current
situation, and in order to not diverge from WebRTC specs, only minor
cosmetic changes are allowed, which feels like adding hacks on top of
hacks (at least for me). Moreover, it is event difficult to discuss some
topics, because they have been already agreed elsewhere.

We thought that given the unmature state of ORTC (at least compared to
webrtc, and in terms of available implementations) it would be much more
easy to collaborate and propose new ideas to be incorporated into the spec.

Again, I am not challenging anything, and  we may just have to wait
until we open an ORTC 2.0 and we don't have the constrains that we have now.

Best regards
Sergio