Re: Issue 85: Update Stats

Hi,

Syncing up with the list. Comment inline.

-Varun

On 02 Oct 2014, at 22:51, Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com<mailto:Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com>> wrote:

Harald and Varun have now prepared a separate stats draft in W3C format (see below), which will be progressed as a separate W3C document.

This raises the question of what we should be doing in the ORTC API specification to ensure compatibility with this effort.

Section 13 currently in the ORTC API spec incorporates material from an earlier version of Harald & Varun’s document.

With the move to a separate stats document, one question of whether much of Section 13 has been “overtaken by events” and should be removed, or whether it makes more sense to sync with a revised Stats Section in WebRTC 1.0 which may appear in a forthcoming editor’s draft.

Varun --  any thoughts of what changes are needed to sync up with the separate stats draft?

Reiterating the suggestion I made on the corresponding Github issue:

The getStats(), RTCStatsReport, and RTCStats need to remain in the ORTC spec. The descriptions from the enumeration of RTCStatsType should point to the individual sections of the webrtc-stats, section 13.4 can then be removed..

Additionally, there are currently no statistics corresponding to SVC (which ORTC lists in capabilities) in webrtc-stats.